- Praise for Glenda L. Hunter from Dr. Jan C. Lemon
- Praise for author Glenda L. Hunter
- (Poem) "Misfit" by Glenda L. Hunter
- (Poem) "Mixed Messages" by Glenda L. Hunter
- (Sat. March 23, 2013) Author Glenda Hunter @ Book Fair, Tapes TV Segement For "The Write Stuff"
- (Sat. Feb. 16, 2013) Glenda Hunter Participates In Conversations Book Fair
- Glenda Hunter in the Sept./Oct. 2012 Issue of Conversations Magazine
- (Wed. May 23, 2012) Glenda Hunter Participates in Online Forum "You Are Not Alone"
- (Sat. May 5, 2012) Author Glenda Hunter Participates In "You Are Not Alone" Panel
- (Sat. March 24, 2012) Glenda Hunter Participates In the Conversations Book Fair Summer Event
- (02/18/12) Glenda Hunter's 1st Booksigning A Success!
- (11/29/11) Author Glenda Hunter's 1st Radio Interview on Conversations LIVE
Saturday, March 22, 2014
I have garbage in my life from childhood because of what was done to me. They shoveled it in and I could do nothing. I carried it I had no choice but now I do. The choices are let it stink up my life or throw it away. Getting rid of it is not always easy but it can be done. When that smelly stuff gets thrown away what a relief it is. Your whole life starts smelly better and opening the door to others is even easier. Do you have garbage in your life? I would challenge you to throw it away. It might not be easy but I know you can do it. You might think I don't even know what garbage you have or how you've had it and that is right. But I do know what garbage I had and how long I carried it. If I can do it I know you can. Remember you are not alone we are here to help each other. I believe in you because God made you special just like He did me. Happy tossing.
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Changing one's way of thinking about oneself is important. Most people I have come across who have been abused have a poor self-image. The degradation of the abuse helps feed this kind of image. There is hope. You can by the help of God, change the image you have of yourself. It involves self-talk in a positive way. We are used to telling ourselves how bad we are, but we need to start telling ourselves how good we are. If there are things about yourself you don't like and you can change them, then change them. It you cannot change them, learn to accept them and go on.