Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Ripple Affect

My husband, Steve and I were talking about ripple effect, which reminded me of college days. I have always enjoyed the rain, but this one night in particular I was standing at the back door in the dorm watching it rain. I stood there for quite a while just watching the rain hitting an already puddle of water. I became lost in thought as I watched; I am not sure how long I stood there just gazing at that puddle. It was not a heavy rain, but each time a rain drop splashed into the puddle it sent out a ripple that affected the whole puddle. Not one drop went unnoticed!! Some of the drops made a bigger splash than others, but they all plopped and rippled.

As I sat on the couch the other night after our conversation, I was thinking how our lives are like that of the rain and the puddle. We are born into this world. Our birth does not go unnoticed. From that point forward we touch lives, so we ripple out. You might not think you are touching others, but the fact is everyone you come into contact with, you are touching their lives. The people that you hold the door open for at the store that doesn't even act like they notice you, might think about that later. It might only be a little ripple, hardly even noticed, but it is a ripple. Then there will be those bigger ripples like the people you come in contact with on regular basis.

The thing I think about when this comes to mind is what kind of ripple do I leave? One that is positive or negative? I want to leave an impression (ripple) that is positive. One that people will be glad I smiled as they walked by. One that when I hold the door for someone, they will remember that I smiled even if they didn't think to say thank you. I might have only been a little ripple in their life but I want it to be helpful and uplifting as it comes to their minds. As people watch our lives and see how we affect the others that we come in contact with, what will they see? Is it going to be a big splash? Or is it going to be a calm gentle ripple that spreads out to encourage others? Have a great day as you impact others, use it wisely.  


No comments:

Post a Comment