Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Saturday, September 27, 2014

CHILDREN NEED YOUR ATTENTION

Children have many questions they need to ask. As does some adults I know. I also know that a mom and dad sometimes wants to change their name because they get tired of mom, mom, mom or dad, dad, dad but if they are not getting information from you than who? Do you listen? It is easy to shake your head and pretend to be listening. Yes I have done that probably too many times. When you learn that the time you have with your children really does fly by, it is time for them to start the next chapter in their life. Who do you want to give them the information they carry into the next chapter.

 It is easy to set them in front of the TV, computer and other electronic devices and let them entertain themselves and it can be very profitable if done in moderation. Think with me for a moment. What are they missing? They are missing a live person to interact with, one that can listen and talk to them. Someone that is asking about their day and really caring about how
things are in their life. Before long you are both being entertained. Also someone that can share knowledge and failures gained from their own live experience.

I was a little shocked when my granddaughter told me I was the only one that listened to her. I quickly thought of the number of people she comes in contact with every day and was left with a feeling of sadness. I wondered how many times my boys felt that same way. I would like to challenge you to take a few minutes on purpose every day to listen to your child or a child you come in contact with.

Children are full of all kinds of information. It will brighten your day and the child's at the same time. I would enjoy hearing your story about a brighter day with a child because you really listened to what they were saying. Happy listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment