Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Sunday, February 22, 2015

PTSD/SeekYour Inner Strength

Now that we have admitted we have a problem and accepted the label of PTSD now what? I would like for you to think about your inner strength. You might be chuckling and saying I don't know you or I would know you have no strength. I have said that very thing many times and wonder why people would think I was strong. I always felt if they really knew how afraid I felt they would know I have no strength inside me at all. Inside it is just fear and sleepless nights. But the biggest fear is that the trauma will never leave. I think others see a strength that seems impossible to see for ourselves sometimes. It takes strength to keep getting up every day putting one foot in front of the other. You reach deep inside yourself and hang on. One day at a time. You made it through one time you can do it again in order to get better. It does not mean that everything will be easy. But it does mean that you will keep doing everything you can to put the haunting
memories to rest and reclaim your joy. Determination to get better is half the battle. You are worth the investment to reclaim the life meant to be yours. You are a survivor that is strong and courageous. Tell yourself that however many times you need to, even write it down and read it when needed. Remember feelings will pass but the fact is you are valuable and loved. Do whatever it takes to keep that inner strength going. Don't let anything or anyone steal the wonderful life you are meant to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment