Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Answer Your Phone

 
I was home from work the other day and thought I would call my good friend. I called her cell phone of course expecting her to pick up. I really wanted to get her opinion about a situation. To my dismay there was no answer. I assumed she would gladly pick up the phone listen carefully and give me wise advice. I knew of no one else to call at the moment most of the people I know were at work and couldn't chat during their work day. I was disappointed that when she noticed I had called she didn't just call me right back. That is why people have cell phones, right? If I was calling a house phone (for those young readers, yes some of us still have those) I could have assumed she just didn't notice that I called. With all of the great ways of staying in contact with each other sometimes we just expect people to be at our beckon call. Then when a person decides to be unreachable and have some me time we might wonder why they won't talk to us or what is wrong. Everyone needs a break from others at some point and we need to give them that space. You might wonder what to do when you feel you just have to have someone to talk. What will you do when it is the screaming of your soul deep inside and it an extreme emergency? I do have a solution for such a time of desperation. You can call on God. Not the answer you was looking for but truly He is the only one there twenty four seven. Isaiah 65:24 (NIV) says "The Lord says, "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." Now that is someone that is always waiting and will answer your every call. Try it you might be surprised at the great response. Will you always get the answer you expected? I'm sure not. But think about this do you always like the response you get from your friends. I know I don't. Then why should we expect any different from God. I guess I'm saying don't get mad at an answer you don't like and stop talking. Try His way you might be surprised at the outcome. Don't hang up the phone on Him. If you do, please answer when He calls back, because He will call back. Sometimes it is much harder to hear our inner phone ring than a cell phone but it does ring. Have a great day listening and answering your phone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment