Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Overwhelmed

Have you ever had times you have felt overwhelmed? There are times I have a number of things I need to do and everything is important and good stuff. I become overwhelmed then if I'm not careful I just walk around shaking my head. I can tell you shaking my head doesn't get any of them done which can lead straight to great discouragement. I would like to share with you these words from Michael Sanders I read in the other days devotional. He said a friend of his gave him this advice for those times. "Do what you can and give the rest a nod and a prayer." I thought that was interesting and I was thankful he went on explained. "A nod indicated that we see the problem, we are not turning a blind eye to it or ignoring it. That problem will just have to wait its turn. A prayer says that for the moment we are leaving it in the hands of God. Perhaps God has another servant equipped and better prepared for the challenge."  Just reading that gives me a freeing feeling. My goal is learn to do that with everything. I believe it will help life run a little smother. If you share the same problem I challenge you to join Michael Sanders and me in making this our practice. Have a great time nodding and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment