Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Saturday, October 1, 2016

What have you learned?

I have just finished reading a wonderful book it is a classic, "Hinds' Feet On High Places" by Hannah Hurnard. (It can be purchased on Amazon) It described the struggle a girl named Much-Afraid. She has been trying to reach the high place. The Good Shepherd helps her along the way also he gives her two companions to assist on her journey. In spite of the assistance the trails of life were not taken away. Family members and town people keep trying to trip her up and make her stop her quest but she keeps pushing forward. The whole book is very much like the struggles we face in our life's journey. She finally makes it to the High Place and the Good Shepherd asks her what she learned. Her response is what I would like to share right from the book. "First," said she (Much-Afraid). "I learned that I must accept with joy all that you allowed to happen to me on the way and everything to which the path led me! That I was never to try to evade it but to accept it and lay down my own will on the altar and say, "Behold me, I am thy little handmaiden Acceptance-with-Joy.' Then I learned that I must bear all that others were allowed to do against me and to forgive with no trace of bitterness and to say to thee, 'Behold me-I am thy little handmaiden Bearing-with-Lover," that I may receive power to bring good out of this evil."  These words are great ones for us to keep in mind. We will face struggles but the key is to overcome, don't allow them to keep you down. Keep pushing forward. We all can do it, many before us have and so can we. What will you answer be when someone asks you "what have you learned?" Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment