Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Thursday, March 16, 2017

How do you see?

        I have been wearing glasses for a number of years. I can tell when it is time to increase the prescription because my vision is not just right. I have to hold my papers farther away or squint to make out words. I have to be right on top of road signs before I can read them, then it is too late to make that left turn that I was needing to make. I might go like that for a while but it doesn't take long before I am ready to call the optometrist. I'm sure you know the routine. They say "let's see what's going on" then it starts. The examination. Tell me what those letters are, what about these, what about these, can you see these, after doing that with both eyes they make their notes. Then the fun stuff starts the flipping from one lenses to another. Which is better a or b? After a few a or b flips, they finally find the one that corrects your problem. They leave them at those lenses and say how is that? Yea I can see correct again. I can read those letters that I thought was a spot on the wall. It is no longer a strain to read and no need to squint.  The correct lenses make an enormous difference. Words and signs take on the correct form the distortion I was seeing is gone. Correcting my glasses helps me to see everything as they are meant to be seen.      
         Oddly enough the vision we use to look at our own lives can become distorted. From the time we are born people are telling us things about ourselves. We store all that information in our brain. Usually adopting them as how we see ourselves. We don't usually question it because we have heard it for such a long time. But what happens when people give you information that doesn't really coincide with what you believe. There starts the struggle. I would like to say eye doctor here I come again can you fix it? You do not need any fancy equipment just some good old honesty. You might need to make a list one of what people have said, the other what you really see deep inside or yourself. The first list will be easy because that is what the brain is us to hearing. Now the second list is not so easy. Take time to change the lenses and take a good look. Do things still seem to be cloudy it's okay do another adjustment. I'm sure you are starting to see the great things about yourself. Don't be afraid to put them down. One is a great start. If it has been a while since you have done this the lenses might need to be adjusted a number a time before you can really see clearly. That's it, keep making the lenses stronger, is the real you coming clearer in view? It will help if you just go ahead and write the great things you have heard people say come to mind even if you question if they are true. That might need to be done a number of times to get the lenses to see crystal clear. If your vision of yourself stays cloudy then you will not be able to be all that you are meant to be. Throw away your old comfortable glasses and be willing to go for the new great look. I know I have had some very comfortable glasses that I hated to get rid of. I desperately needed to because they were twisted and bent all out of shape. I gritted my teeth threw them away and took on a new look. I was shocked at the compliments I received. They even became comfortable after a while. The view I had of myself also was twisted and bent so I had to throw it away and replace it. If the view you have of yourself is twisted and bent all out of shape I challenge you to throw it away also. Join me in putting on the new look it gives. You are made for greatness, see it, believe it and walk in it. Allow yourself to see and be the new you. It will become comfortable after a while because that is who you really are meant to be. Have a great day.        

No comments:

Post a Comment