Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Emotions make great messengers but bad bosses.

 
My husband and I are carpooling to and from work so the other day while I was waiting for him I thought I would make good use of my time and go to the book store. I was gazing at the titles to see if one was jumping around saying read me. Lo and behold there it was a book written for me "You're Already Amazing" by Holley Gerth. Of course I purchased it because that's what you do when something calls your name and jumps around right? I drove to my husband's work, parked the car and began to read. From the beginning it had my attention. I am not done but I have read enough to know that it has to be read slowly to absorb all the information she has to offer. I did want to take a moment to share with you a statement that she said "Emotions make great messengers but bad bosses."  I have not been able to stop thinking about that. We are all created with emotions of all sorts from laughing to wanting to beat someone up. They are important in how we relate to people but what happens when they take control? There have been times I have allowed mine to be the boss not really checking to see if they were bad or good. When bad ones take control there can be great trouble. They can keep me captive and destroy a perfectly great day. They can make me feel like I am worth nothing. Matter of fact Saturday afternoon before I read those words was one of those times. A person said something negative to me that morning. I was feeling defeated. I allowed that feeling to kind of take root. I gave that emotion permission to be the boss. I pondered the wise words Holley said and sent those emotions of defeat on their way. I had a much better evening. We are all made amazing but some of us struggle with really believing that about ourselves. I am one of those people but that doesn't mean I'm giving up. It only means I'm going to try harder to keep believing in what God has said in His word. Matter of fact God thinks I'm pretty amazing because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. The next time the emotion of defeat comes creeping in I plan on quickly packing their bags back up and sending them on their way. Join me in not allowing those crazy emotions of ours to be our boss. If need be scream at them you're not the boss of me and wave bye to them as they run away. Have a great day believing you are amazing because God made us all that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment