Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Sunday, May 28, 2017

KNOWLEDGE

What does my day hold I want to know?
I do not like surprises that is true enough
But if I knew everything I would be as smart as God
I am not even close so I will have to be content
Just to know what I know and try to learn more
I need to know more about what God has said
But the Bible I find hard to keep in my head
I wish it could just be poured in with understanding
But I guess I will just have to keep reading until the day
I know enough to keep it close inside my heart
I think that is where it is the most important
Things get in our head sometimes and they never go any farther down
I guess it is a long trip from head to heart
But I know the information for my real good friend has made that trip
If he can do it maybe someday I can at least get it in my brain
Then I can try hard to push it as far down as it needs to go
I just want to be a loving person and teach others
The real stuff that can be gained from this knowledge
The realness lies deep in the heart I do know
If it did not then everyone would live the love it teaches
And I know that is not true by just looking around
I do want to be different like my dear friend
I will do my best by reading and trying hard not to let it escape
So I guess I will wait to see what each day holds

No comments:

Post a Comment