Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Have you been hit in the face with life?


Have you ever been hit right between the eyes with a ball? I must say I have been hit in the face with one that left me spinning for a long while. What do you do then? When it happened to me I was able to catch the ball for an out. I know you are wondering how. I was wondering the same thing when I realized I had it in my hands. I did get cheered on as to what a good catch. I was more concerned with the pain but I smiled like a trooper blocking the pain and enjoying the victory. What happens when life hits you between the eyes? We are facing a situation right now in our lives that we literally never saw coming. 

This is not the first time we got whammed in the face by life without a warning. I think there are times in most everyone's life when a wham happens but what are you going to do with when that happens? I can share with you what I have been doing the past couple of days after I got slapped in the fact. The first thing that comes to your mind is that I write but that is so not the first thing I do. When the shock factor wears off a little I first say "God what is this all about?" Then I go into full panic mood especially when it involves children. Who am I trying to fool I go into panic mood anyway, but with children it is worse. Then I try to get all the facts and see if there is something I can do. I pray God will work things out according to His will, and at some point I try to tell Him what I think that is. Then when I realize that is happening I try again to back paddle and really mean His will even if that is different than what I want. I read scripture and pray that God help everyone concerned.  Then I space out and play computer games while I think and pray. I also have just added walking, the exercise, helps clear my mind so I can think clearer. The whole time I am going through this I am talking to God about the situation. Yes, I stew too much but I am working on that, remember we are all a work in progress. 
https://www.betterhelp.com/online-therapy/

This morning after I came back from my walk I got a text from my husband, Steve, with a scripture for the day it is Psalm 34: 15-22. I opened my Bible and began to read (it is well worth your read right now). All I could say was WOW. I want to share a verse with you out of those verses and it is verse 17 "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles." That does not mean that trouble will disappear.  But God will be there in spite of what it is we are going through and deliver us. I think the whole key when we get hit between the eyes with life is to keep God right in the center of the situation. It is not always easy you might say. But I assure you I understand and I also know that the more you do it the easier it will be. I challenge you to keep trying and God will reward all of your efforts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment