Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Monday, May 13, 2019

FEAR


As I take an unwanted walk I am overcome

With a feeling that I cannot run from

It is working its way into my feet

I don't know if I can move but I must

It keeps moving up my legs

They are weak – I hope they will hold me

On no!! They have become like jelly

I keep on standing even though they shake

It's adding another part - my stomach

I think it is burrowing a hole in there

No maybe it is churning butter- it is going in circles

I am sick what is going to happen to all my food

Help me – it is not stopping – where else can it go

It is in my chest – I think my heart will stop

That cannot happen I will die

No it speeds up faster and faster – it beats

I think it will come right out of my chest

I cannot get it to slow down it just will not

My arms are becoming weak and shaky
I hope I don't have to hold anything

I'm sure it would drop to the ground

They move like rubber having no control

What am I going to do?

It even goes into my head

My head is spinning like a merry-go-round

Something is happening to my brain

Oh no!! It happened – I cannot think right

My whole body is full of FEAR

What do I do? It has a strong hold

I can't shake it by myself

I am not sure anyone can help free me

CAN I FIND HELP????????????

My mind keeps hearing a voice saying

God can, God can, God can, God can

I am not sure I believe this BUT

I must – He may be my only hope

I try calling His name

I do not hear an answer

Maybe it is my nonworking brain

That is strange – my head stopped spinning

Calm is starting to come over my body

I am getting strength back into my arms

I can move them as I like

How odd is all of this? It is leaving

My heart has slowed its beating

I can breathe without a fight

I think I will make it!! How strange!!

Still I have not heard God speak

The churning and burrowing has stopped

I think I will be able to keep my food

Things are looking up for me

Maybe that fear is on the run

My legs are regaining their strength

I can stand strong and walk

My feet will carry me where I must go

Strange how the changes are happening

I called God's name but had no answer

The FEAR has not won

I can handle what I must

I can make it to another day

What if that was Gods' answer

The quiet answer in the noise

The warmth that runs through my blood

Keeping me safe when I feel unsafe

Holding my hand when I feel alone

It has to be God – who else would know?

Thank You for helping me see

You are the HOPE I always needed

Thank You for taking the fear

Making me an overcomer

GOD IS THE HOPE!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE HOPE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment