Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

God only knows the real you.

I was listening to a song a few minutes ago titled "God only knows the real you". It made me stop and think, how true. We act different when we are with different people. Part of that is because of how we feel about that person. We all wear many different hats (not literally). For me I am a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, writer and friend, some people might have other labels for me, but these are the ones I'm claiming. Each title means something different when I think about them. There are things my sons and Steve know that not one else knows. My siblings cold tell you a lot about how I was as a child. My grandkids could tell what makes me such a cool grandma or not so cool. Friends could share some crazy times we have enjoyed. Some know some of the same things, but all of them know something different. If they were all sitting around telling stories, which is a little frightful as to what they might reveal, they would hear something from someone else that they never knew. I am sure many laughs would be shared, also tears, also there would be some surprising things. Steve knows things about me that I have never told anyone else. Even with that being said there are things he doesn't even know. I don't always tell everything I think or feel. Although when I am on a talking spree I am sure he thinks certainly there cannot be anything left to tell. Ha Ha!! I always have something else to say, I might just be taking a long breath. Maybe that is why I like to write.

God made us, he knows our very thoughts. Therefore, He knows who we really are, deep inside. He knows all about us. Even those thoughts and feelings we don't share because we think people won't understand. Guess what God already knows them and He does understand. He understands our anger and fears. He even knows how many hairs we have on your head (Matthew 10:30), I am not interested to know that I am just thankful I have them there. He also tells us that we are more important than many sparrows (Matthew 10:31), sparrows are one of the smallest birds around. God loves us in spite of the fact that we don't even love ourselves some days. God sent His son to save us (John 3:16) so we can forever live with Him. He sent His son in spite of all our mess ups and failures. He loves us that much. He knows what we are made to do. He created us for something great. To understand ourselves better we need to understand Him better, since He has known us from the beginning. God knows the real you. Allow God to show you what He has for you today. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment