Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Monday, November 25, 2019

Thankful or Not

For the past couple of weeks I have heard a lot of talk about being thankful. This Thursday is Thanksgiving, a day to celebrate all the things you are thankful for.
What are you thankful for is the question of the day? Or are you thankful? The second question might seem kind of strange because your mind might already have quickly went to your thankfulness. The second question only comes to my mind because I have heard people say they have nothing to be thankful for. I find that disturbing that an individual thinks there is nothing in their life they can think of that brings happiness to their heart. I want to share some things that I have been told as I have suggested things to them, to help them see they do have something.

You woke up this morning, I wish I hadn't. You have two children, I know but the only time they talk or come see me is when they want something. They only cause heart ache. What about your grandchildren? They don't want anything to do with me because we disagree on things, or they tell me how stupid I am. What about your friend? She doesn't come see me and only makes me feel stupid when she does. My heart sinks with every question. I want to go through the phone wrap my arms around her and say I love you. In words that is what I tried to do, reach right through the phone and hold her tight. But I know when I hang up the phone her feelings and worthlessness lingers. Words aren't always comforting. Actions speak much louder than words. The actions portrayed to this person, are not ones of love. If you find this to be you having nothing to be thankful for than you need to consider changing the people you hang with. They are call toxic people. These kind of people will take you down the road of despair. Don't let this happen to you. You are more valuable than that. Shake them off and begin the search for people that value your greatness. Determine today not to have another year, month, week, or day with nothing to be thankful for. If you find you cannot do that email me alters30@yahoo.com and let me see if I can help you find something. There are times in our lives that we all need help in finding somethings that are lost. Thankfulness is not anything you should lose.

I have many things to be grateful for. I have a wonderful husband, two great boys, a great daughter-in-law, and five wonderful grandchildren, they make me feel special and important. I have a number of amazing friends. My list is very long of the things I am thankful for. But I think the most important thing in my life is God and the part He plays. I have gone through some hard years feeling I had nothing to be thankful for. I am delighted that God was there seeing me through. He is the best friend I have ever had. The great thing is I can talk to Him any time. He does not feel me toxic information about myself. He sees my value. This year He is at the top of my list of things or people I am thankful for. What or who is at the top of your list? Have a great Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment