Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Resolutions or Not

At the end of a year you can hear many people talk about New Year's resolutions.  I have never been one that really makes a list of what I want to accomplish maybe that is why these past two years I have not accomplished much.  What I tend to do right after Christmas is start thinking how I want my next year to be different. I evaluate where I am in life and what really needs to change and what I want to give more attention to. As I did that this year I began to think about my God given gifts. I believe we all have some, the key is what are you going to do with them. One of mine is writing, I must admit that in my reflections I really began to think what am I doing with my gift. For the past two and half years I have done very little writing. It is not because I haven't had anything to say. The first part of that time I helped a friend of mine write her story, and get her book published. Then I just felt like I didn't have anything of importance to say. I have thought about that long and hard this past month. So have I gained a lot more wisdom during this time and that's why I am starting to write again. That could be a yes and no answer. I know you would like an explanation.  I will attempt to explain what I am talking about.

It is sad to say that there are times in my life that I have given up on me. I was sick for a number of months and then the pandemic hit "stay at home" was all you heard. That didn't help my feel sorry for me state that I found myself in. I am not sharing this so you will feel sorry for me, I am just being real with you. I am sure that others have experienced this same feeling at some point in their life. Well that is where I found myself. I really wanted someone to shake me back into my senses. I had been doing some sewing but that is a hobby not my gift. Writing is my gift. I would not allow myself to put my thoughts into words.

Then it began to happen!! People started asking me why I wasn't writing and when I was going to publish another book. My response was I'm working on it, I had some articles I was putting together to publish but the truth is I just had no desire to get it finished. Then out of nowhere my granddaughters started asking me when I was going to publish another book. I started to hear God through these words that were spoken to me. I did send my articles to a proof reader so that is coming along, a book will follow soon. But what I had to do was give myself a good shaking and talking to. NO ONE could do it for me. I had to give God control again.

I felt God telling me to write but I was making up excuses all the time as to why I wasn't writing. So during my year end evaluation I again was stirred to get back out there with my words. Is it a New Year's resolution or just me saying ok God I will do what you want me to? I believe it is me saying God here I am use me. I want to do whatever He want me to, I want to speak (or write) His words and do His will. A resolution is something many people make and break every year then joke around about it. This is more serious. It is what God wants of me not what I want of myself. It is no joke.

Is there something God is asking of you as you have started this New Year? Are you still dragging your feet saying later? Why don't you join me? Shake yourself into the New Year saying yes to whatever God is calling you to do. Celebrate the joy of your gift and share it with others. May God bless you this another year with great possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment