Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Friday, November 28, 2014

Be Thankful Every Day

Yesterday we celebrated Thanksgiving Day a time to reflect on what we are thankful for. I would like to suggest that we practice this celebration every day. I think it would be good to keep in mind how thankful we are to our families and friends three hundred and sixty five days a year. They are here for us more than just the one day a year. Let us work at letting them know how much that means to us on regular bases. I don't mean by the great dinner that was shared yesterday but in other ways. Surprise them out of the blue to send a card or call just letting them know you are thinking about them. Invite them out for coffee or in my case diet coke for no reason. Or just go over and visit because you just want to be around them.

I also would like to invite you to join me in being thankful for the little things that others do as well. If you don't look for it you might pass it right by and not even notice but it is out there every day. It could be as simple as someone holding the door open for you. Don't overlook the kid that does it for you. I will tell you it will make their day that an adult took time to notice the good deed. My granddaughter has held the door open for many adults the smile she wears for the rest of the day after someone tells her thank you is priceless.

Everyone wants to be appreciated and cared about all the time let's decide to make every day Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment