Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Who is your family?

When I think of the holidays that are celebrated at this time of the year my mind goes to family. That can cause an unnerving feeling to come over my whole body if I only dwell on the family I was born into. Consequently I do not dwell on that family. I think about the wonderful family my husband and I have together. We have two wonderful sons who each have great families of their own. I also think about a couple we met thirty-two years ago. She is like a sister to me. Her family and mine have had many terrific times together. We have also had some very sad times. Although we do not get to see each other often it does not change the closeness we share. I know if we need her and her husband they would be there for us. Also if they need us we would be there for them as well. They are a huge part of my family. Sometimes we cannot seem to see beyond the family we grew up in. That can be a very harmful thing if your family was abusive. I challenge you to put
aside those harmful people in your life. Embrace those people that really love you as your family. It will make a big difference in the whole way you see the holiday as well as the rest of your life. Who will you allow to be in your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment