Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Sunday, November 16, 2014

What A Friend!!!

I had a wonderful friend that died a few years ago. I think of him often. There are days I would like to just pick up the phone and call him just to chat. He was my pastor; he entered my life when I was six. He pastored a little country church that had a bus ministry. When our family moved into the area he came and asked our parents if we could come to his church. I am extremely thankful for that day when my parents said yes. Over the years as I attended church I watch and listened to him very carefully. He shared Gods love through sermons but more importantly he shared by his life. He lived what he preached. Through many hard times he encouraged me to hold onto God and keep praying for Gods will in my life. What a great friend!! This is the time of the year we seem to express how thankful we are for others. I am very thankful that God put this man in my life. I think God puts loving people like that is our lives to help us better understand Him. I
trust that as you think back over the years of your life you will remember a great friend like mine. If they are living just send them out a little thank you, you might be surprised at how much that will mean to them. Thank you my dear friend, Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment