Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Friday, December 11, 2015

Forgive how many times?

"Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.'" This was the verse on our devotional at work today. I really don't think Jesus was saying to keep a notebook of people that you have forgiven, then on number seventy-seven draw the line and throw them away. I think He is really saying to keep forgiving as He does. I am glad He does not keep count of how many times He forgives. I am afraid I might have reached my seventy-seven times a number of years ago. I know it is not always easy to forgive but it is necessary. Holding onto situations and thinking about it only keeps you worked up the other person most likely has moved on to something else. We all make mistakes, we are human. I guess we should ask ourselves "When I make a mistake do I want to be forgiven?" If the answer is yes, then we should extend that grace to others. Jesus help us to forgive like You.  Have a great day forgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment