Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Thursday, December 17, 2015

LOVE

Love is a strange thing. There are people that say "I love you" to everyone they talk to. That makes me wonder how do the people they are talking to know the difference between a passing word and them really meaning it with their heart. I had a dear friend that died a few years ago that I had known since I was six (over fifty years), he was like a father to me. He never said he loved me till just three or four years before he died. Did I wonder if he did? Not really. He showed he cared in many different ways. When he told me it was an affirmation of the actions he showed all those years. To me those are heart words. If they are spoken without any action they are just empty words. I don't mean we will always treat the people me love the best, we are only human and will mess up from times to time. God has spoken His love for us from the beginning. He also took a giant step in showing His love to us by sending His son. What an awesome gift of love. Jesus gave His life as a showing of His love as well. God doesn't speak His words in idleness. He shows it in many ways. What He does want is for us to love as He loves. I must ask myself do I love like He loves. I must say not always. But I will keep trying. I think that is the whole key to life is to keep trying to live as God has laid out for us. The words I want you to take away from this is "Love as God loves."

No comments:

Post a Comment