Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Monday, April 10, 2017

WOW!! Mary Higgins Clark

 
I heard the most interesting interview last week of Mary Higgins Clark. Cyrus Webb did a great job conducting the interview. If I have done this right you can click on this link to listen https://www.spreaker.com/tag/maryhigginsclark She is getting ready to turn 90 and coming out with a new book. That in itself is amazing to me. She said: she always felt like she was meant to write and has done so since she was a child. Even though she got a number of rejections she kept trying. She sold her first short story for $100 and has been writing ever since. Now she has 54 books published. They are great mysteries and appeal to different age groups. How amazing is that. When I finished listening to her interview I was really pumped up. I kept saying wow, wow, wow. I wanted to do a number of things when I got done listening: first I would have liked to sit down and talk to her, she seemed like such a gracious person. I thought about calling my friend Cyrus right then and asking if he could arrange that. Then I sat in amazement about her age and still writing, if I get to be that old I would love to still be able to write a good story. Then I was more determined to keep writing. I have told stories since I was a child and putting them on paper was just the next step. Then I thought about those of you that have stories inside of them that is just waiting to get out but for whatever reason you just have not put them on paper. Don't let anything keep you from your dreams. If Mrs. Clark would have given up with her first rejections we would not have all of her great books today. So keep putting your words on paper, as will I, one of us might be the next great author with 54 books that Cyrus Webb interviews that will inspire others to keep writing.  Thanks Mary Higgins Clark for your great books.

No comments:

Post a Comment