Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Walking in peace.

            I have often wondered what it would have been like to live in the Garden of Eden before the fall. Also what it would have been like to have that continual fellowship with God. I would like you to join me as I think on paper what it could have been like. I wake from a good nights sleep, stretch, rub the sleep from my eyes then the most amazing day begins. I go to the brook scoop up some spring water with my hand and have a cold refreshing drink. Then I hear God say "hey Glenda where are you?" I eagerly respond "I am here by the brook getting a drink." He was quickly by my side with a big good morning smile. "Let's go for a walk" He says as He moves His hand in the direction He wants to travel. I have no hesitation as I quickly started in that direction. He is walking I am more like skipping along. Everything is beautiful to the eyes. He is talking about the gorgeous birds then we stopped to listen to them sing. It is almost as if I can understand the words they chirp. After a while we keep moving in the lush grass talking as we go. Time is of no importance. Along the way we are approached by many animals. There is no need to be afraid they are all so friendly, some little ones are on the backs of the bigger ones. I watched as the animals seemed to be so playful with each other. We petted them and we watched. It is enough to bring a big smile to my face. As we continue a silence came upon us both. God reached to a fruit baring tree and plucked a piece off and handed it to me. It was as if He knew my stomach was starting to complain about the need for food. I smiles as I took it and made quick work making it disappear. He laughed and said "you must have been pretty hungry." I smiled and shook my head yes. The day continued with laughing and smiling. A great time of just relaxing with the person that made me. He did not complain because I screamed when I stubbed my toe on the tree root. He didn't tell me I was stupid because I didn't understand something and He had to explain it again. He acted like I was a special treasure. He accepted everything and loved everything about me. It was a thrill to walk with Him.
            Thanks for going with me on this little journey. But I would like to tell you that He is really like that. It is not always easy to walk every minute of your day in His presence because we have all kinds of things knocking at our hearts and minds door. But it doesn't change the fact that He is right there beside us anyway.  Another fact is He does love and treasure us just like we are. He made us special and wonderful. We just need to allow Him to guide and direct our lives so that greatness will shine through. In my own life I am working at allowing Him to shine through the dark times as well as the bright ones. It is not always easy but I am a work in progress. I am also working at keeping in the front of my mind that I am the apple of His eye. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am His special creation and so are you. We each have a job to do. Let us help each other reach our fullest potential for His glory. If I can ever be of help to you let me know and allow me to help as I can. May God richly bless you with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment