- Praise for Glenda L. Hunter from Dr. Jan C. Lemon
- Praise for author Glenda L. Hunter
- (Poem) "Misfit" by Glenda L. Hunter
- (Poem) "Mixed Messages" by Glenda L. Hunter
- (Sat. March 23, 2013) Author Glenda Hunter @ Book Fair, Tapes TV Segement For "The Write Stuff"
- (Sat. Feb. 16, 2013) Glenda Hunter Participates In Conversations Book Fair
- Glenda Hunter in the Sept./Oct. 2012 Issue of Conversations Magazine
- (Wed. May 23, 2012) Glenda Hunter Participates in Online Forum "You Are Not Alone"
- (Sat. May 5, 2012) Author Glenda Hunter Participates In "You Are Not Alone" Panel
- (Sat. March 24, 2012) Glenda Hunter Participates In the Conversations Book Fair Summer Event
- (02/18/12) Glenda Hunter's 1st Booksigning A Success!
- (11/29/11) Author Glenda Hunter's 1st Radio Interview on Conversations LIVE
Saturday, October 14, 2017
It's time to clean out the refrigerator.
Have you ever cleaned out your refrigerator and found an unknown container in the very back? Then it hit you it was your favorite food that was left over, you put it in the back so you would be sure to be the one that got to finish eating it. It long had left your mind with the busy days and many other meals that had to be prepared. Now there it sits with a smell totally not the one that made it so dear to your taste buds. Matter of fact you don't even want to touch the container. You carefully pull it out of the frig and throw it away. You hold your nose from the awful smell while you check to make sure it is the only contain of its kind lurking in the back. Relieved to find it was only one of a kind you quickly tie the thrash bag and put it out to the curve.
Have you ever felt that your own life is a smelly mess? You have allowed things to come into your mind and heart thinking it will not hurt, but it becomes smelly. When it first entered it was a little wrong deed or bad word then they began to grow. A film covered it so it did not look bad but all around you people began to smell the odor. People began to think what happened to that nice sweet person. Some people stayed away because they were tired of being treated bad or the words you choose were offensive. Your eyes are opened and now you can smell the odor that is driving friends away. What are you going to do? My suggestion is that you bag up all the stinky actions and words and throw them away. It might take a few trips to the curve and double bagging but it can be done. Refresh your life with some good old fashion values: respect for others, kind actions even when sometimes you'd like to do the other, a kind smile and words that are uplifting instead of degrading. Follow the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
I know not everyone follows it but you are only responsible for what you do. I am only responsible for me. Will we slip and fall sometimes? Yes, we are only human and it will happen. It is not always easy to hold our tongue when someone is mean to us. But the key is to keep trying to be the best you possible. I try to keep my life fresh from the garbage of life. I challenge you to do the same. Have a great day keeping your life fresh.