Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Friday, April 8, 2022

Dreams

I sluggishly go to my bedroom

Worn out from a busy day at work

I drag myself around getting dressed

Then I lay my weary head on my pillow

The troubles of my life seem to pour in

Until that moment I was able to lay them aside

I closed my eyes they pop back open

I try my best to block life's difficulties out

It is a struggle to lay it all aside

The woes of my past seem to haunt me

The worst time is in the darkness of night

I cannot busy myself doing anything else

As I do when I am up and about

I lay as still as I can, holding my eyes closed

I drift into a restless sleep of tossing

Dreams come in full blown colors and sounds

I have struggled with them many a nights

Last night as I found myself half waking as I often do

In my head I just shouted no dreams tonight

God please take them away

As many times I found it necessary

I must say I was surprised at the result

God must have scared them right away

They did not come in all their fullness

Sleep was not plenty either but I won't complain

Those pesky dreams did not fill my head

They were not my complain when I woke

I felt thrilled not to have them in my little mind

What a great way to start another day

 


No comments:

Post a Comment