Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

MY LOVE AND ME

Fear gripped my whole being as I looked at the ceiling, with questions in my head

It has been a long hard time being separated from the one I love as he serves his country

I will be thrilled when he finally arrives at the airport where I can put my arms around him

But life will be very different, I might move away from friends to a place I do not know

What if I am not the kind of wife I should be and he is disappointed?

What if the children have a hard time with us all being together?

What if we have clash, or disagree, or do things that bother each other?

What if we can't work out our problems and we scream at each other?

I want to be able to show him how much I love him and care for him

I want him to talk to me when things get tense and I am not sure what to do next

I want him to hold me and tell me how much he cares even in the hard times

 

In the distant land of Korea lays the sad lonely solider, husband, unable to close his eyes

He longs to be home with his wife and family but at the same time he has questions

Does my wife love me enough to stick out the hard times?

Do my girls even remember who I am or will they be so angry I have been gone

Will they run, hug and kiss me and tell me how much they love me or want to stay away?

What will life be like again back in the states with my new family and all the changes?

Will my wife be patient, as I try to get things back together or will we fight all the time?

Will my brother talk to me or does he really hate me as much as I fear?

Will I ever relax so I can sleep a peaceful rest and clear my head?

I long to be back home with those that love me and that I love

I want to hold my wife and play with my kids laughing with not a care in the world

 

The time has come when their eyes need to close to get what sleep they can

But first what do they do to help them get through the night

Each kisses a picture of their love holding the frame tight as if it was really them

Touching the face in the picture with tears in their eyes wishing he/she was their

As they drift off to sleep both say a good night to their love in their hearts

With a last I love you on their lips for the night and a longing for their presence

Their dreams are the troubles of their day and the happiness of their future

What do they wake to, a day closer to behold the eyes of the one they love

As they go through their day their thoughts keep going to each other

A strange smile comes across their face as they recall the fun times

Warmness fills their heart as they think of the reunion coming soon


No comments:

Post a Comment