Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

National Poetry Month/ABANDONED NO MORE

Seeing people walk away time and time again is what I see in my mind
I cannot tell what is real or memories, they all are so authentic
Abandoned I do feel, left all alone with no one to care BUT
What I see with my real eyes are not people's backs
I see their smiling or sad faces - they really are here to help
They do not leave me in my struggles of yesterday, they stay
Letting me know it is okay to cry when the pain and fear are present
They even give me a hug when I think I can hardly go another step
Their back I do not see even when I question everything they say
Their faces I try to keep in my mind as I thrash about in the night
I hear their heartfelt concern for me as a person
Do these kinds of people forsake you? I don't think so!
No more am I a throw away person to others
ABANDONED NO MORE - THAT IS REALLY ME!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment