Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Friday, April 3, 2015

PTSD/Let People Help You

Recap: confess you have a problem, don't be afraid of labels, seek your inner strength, find a qualified person to help, be willing to go to the dark hidden place, find a support person, call on God, write, write, write, now do something for someone else and the last is let people help you.
It is a fact that many people are very proud. We do not want people to know how hard things are. We want people to think we are strong and can handle anything. I understand all of that. I know when I am at my low I don't want people to know. I don't want them to see or hear me reacting to my hurt and frustration. I get embarrassed that I am having a problem and having a hard time handling it. The fact is, how is anyone going to help you overcome that struggle if they don't know it exist? A dear friend might know something is wrong but if you do not trust them enough to talk to them they cannot be of help. I am not advocating going around telling the whole world your difficulties. But those that are trying to support you need to know how they can be of assistance. You don't know what kind of situation they are having this might be their time of helping someone else. Your time might be for someone else to help you. I believe we are all in the world
to help each other. Let people help you when you feel you cannot help yourself. God loves you and has sent them in your life for a reason. Allow God to work in your life as well as theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment