Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Sunday, April 5, 2015

National Poetry Month/WORDS

Since this month is National Poetry Month I thought I would share some poems throughout the next few weeks. Some of them will be found in my book "Out of the Depths a Poetic Journey". 

WORDS

My hands are tied I cannot write
What will happen to all my words?
I need to be able to let them escape
Bottled up inside is not good at all
When the lid is put on them they fizz
What follows is not a pretty sight
They start to seep out all over the place
Oh no they have popped the lid
Now they are flying on everyone
Run as fast as you can, get away
Hurry before they hit, they might hurt
When that happens the repair is hard
Duck here comes one your way
I think the wise thing would be
Remove the lid letting them escape
Not at people just on paper
What a relief that will be
Knowing they will not hurt
As they fly on my paper
I might throw kind loving words your way
Don't worry they do not hurt
You might be surprised how good
They will make you feel so BEWARE
Flying words might come your way

No comments:

Post a Comment