Author Glenda L. Hunter

Author Glenda L. Hunter

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Love your neighbor as yourself. -- Luke 10:27 (NIV)

I have always thought people should treat each other like they want to be treated. But when I read this with my literal mind I think it gives the people that do not love their self an out. Maybe that is why there is so many people treating others terribly. I believe we should treat others as people of great value. Your mind might quickly say it doesn't matter how people treat me. As a child I had no say in how people treated me. I thought I deserved any mistreatment that happened and it didn't matter. That is not really true no matter how much I bought into it or how much you buy into it. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. If you choose not to return that same loving treatment shame on you. That still gives me no right to return cruel treatment with cruel treatment. Reality is: deep inside it really does matter how each of us are treated. Let's be an example of someone that follows the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". So when someone imitates your behavior it will be one of loving self and neighbor. Have a great day loving each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment